Monday, January 9, 2017

Monday and a card for some Challenges

Hello everyone!! I hope your Monday is going well. I wanted it to snow some more so we could have a three day weekend but the snow gods did not cooperate!! No, I am fine with it. Just have a lot to do. Would like a snow day more at the end of the week but it is supposed to get into the 40's!

Today I am showcasing a card that I created using Sunny Studio "Mug Hugs" stamp and die set. I bought this BEFORE Christmas hoping to use it but never did. This is not a Christmas card but more of a "friend" card.


I used the Fab Friday #103 Sketch as my inspiration, though I did place the sentiment banner at the top right of the image rather then the bottom left.


I started by stamping the to go cup and one of the hot chocolate cups from "Mug Hugs" onto a white panel that I had die cut with a Mama Elephant die from "Peek a Frame."


I layered the frame over three pieces of patterned paper from my stash that had pink, green and black in them so I could play with this week's "Color Throwdown" Challenge #424.


I then layered a die cut cup of cocoa that I had stamped onto patterned paper and cut out. I adhered a pink candy cane, some marshmallows and at heart over the cup.


My last step was to stamp the sentiment onto a green banner and adhere it to the card using foam adhesive.

This card was so fun to make and will be using this set again in the near future as I stamped and colored a TON of cute images so they would be ready to make into a card.

I am also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamps "Wednesday Challenge" Blog for "New Something." My stamp set was brand new, never been used before!!
I thank you for taking the time to stop by today!! Have a fabulous Monday!!

Supplies:
Stamps-Sunny Studio "Mug Hugs"
Dies-Sunny Studio "Mug Hugs," and Mama Elephant "Peek a Frame"
Paper-My Minds Eye "Happy Haunting-Circles," Ki Memories (pink stripe), American Crafts (flowers), Neenah Solar White card stock and PaperTrey Ink "Black," Bazzill Pink
Ink-Memento "Tuxedo Black" dye ink
Other-Glossy Accents, Spectrum Clear Sparkle Marker, Copics, Foam Adhesive


8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Nora! I love this. Awesome colors, love how you were inspired.

Happy Dance said...

This card is really full of 'cheer,' Nora! LOVE the pinks and greens against that black base. Great idea to have a full-on color focal point, and balance it with the two plain cups. Very sweet card! Bev

stampwithamyk said...

So sweet! What a great valentine, perfect colors and design. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

What super-cute mugs - must have hot chocolate right away, now! Love it! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

So cute! I love a black, white and pink card! Great idea with using the 2 images as background and not coloring them...the front most mug really stands out that way! I'm sure a friend will really appreciate this one! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Nora,
Just wanted to say how much your pretty card caught my eye! I love pink and green and they are perfect with the mug/coffee theme. Thanks for playing with us at Fab Friday!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Yummy card - I love oink! such a cheerful color!

Brian King said...

Such a sweet card - I love the pink and black color combination. I love how you've played with color on this card, featuring the mug in the front. Thank you for playing along with this FabFriday sketch challenge!